Todd Green is a business litigator with extensive experience in the areas of insurance, unfair competition, trade secret and business torts, contract, employment, personal injury, real estate and intellectual property litigation.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Princeton University, A.B., Economics, cum laude
Download Todd's Contact Info via V-Card
Illustrative Professional Experience
In recent years Todd has:
- Defended a large restaurant chain in a wage and hour class action, successfully opposing plaintiffs' motion for class certification and then settling the remaining claims on favorable terms.
- Represented a publicly-traded computer component manufacturer in a false advertising and unfair competition case against its largest competitor.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial and award of attorneys' fees in favor of his client, a publicly-traded company, in a complex, seven figure commercial lease dispute.
- Obtained a reversal on appeal of adverse judgment resulting in new judgment in favor of his client, a real estate investment trust, in complex commercial lease dispute.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict in a two-week jury trial involving claims against Todd's client, a publicly traded company, for fraudulent transfer, conversion, conspiracy, and intentional interference with economic advantage.
- Obtained a plaintiff's verdict in a federal court jury trial involving claims by Todd's client against a competitor for intentional interference with contract.
- Successfully opposed a motion for class certification in a putative class action against a developer of time-share resorts.
- Obtained a dismissal and an award of costs for a publicly-traded company that had been charged by a competitor with unfair business practices and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Obtained a dismissal and waiver of claims in favor of a re-insurer who had been charged with interference with contract arising out of a coverage dispute between a chain of hospitals and its insurer.
- Settled on favorable terms a claim against Todd's client, a real estate developer, for premises liability arising out of a drive-by shooting.
- Settled on favorable terms a dispute between a capital markets advisor and a commercial real estate developer.
- Settled on favorable terms a contractual dispute between a publicly-traded manufacturer of ophthalmic surgical equipment and a supplier.
- Abbott Medical Optics
- NextWave Broadband
- RSI Home Products
- Corinthian Colleges
- MSC Software
- Vornado Realty Trust
- The Irvine Company
- QLogic Corporation
Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation section
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County chapter
Federal Bar Association, Orange County chapter
Awards and Honors
Selected as a Super Lawyer in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 in a survey of peers conducted by Super Lawyers Magazine
Selected as a Southern California Rising Star in 2004 in a survey of peers conducted by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Medina v. Downey Savings and Loan Association, 2005 WL 906507 (Cal. App. 4th Dist. 2005)
- Ashton Optical Imports, Inc. v. Incite International, Inc., 266 F. Supp. 2d 1027 (D. Neb. 2003)
- Patel v. Southern California Water Co., 119 Cal. Rptr. 2d 119 (Cal. App. 4th Dist. 2002)
- In re World War II Era Japanese Forced Labor Litigation, 114 F. Supp. 2d 939 (N.D. Cal. 2002)
- In re Eichorn, 81 Cal. Rptr. 2d 535 (Cal. App. 4th Dist. 1998)
- Simon v. Value Behavioral Health Inc., 955 F. Supp. 93 (C.D. Cal. 1997)
- Perjury! The Proof is in the Proof (of Service), Orange County Lawyer, March 2014 [view]
- Originalism and its Discontents, Orange County Lawyer, September 2005 [view]
- Fraud Without Reliance: The Randi W. Exception, Orange County Lawyer, August 2005 [view]
- Contractual Waivers of the Right to Trial by Jury, Orange County Lawyer, June 2004 [view]
- Contract Interpretation and the Parol Evidence Rule, Orange County Lawyer, May 2004 [view]
- Fraud is a Funny Thing, Orange County Lawyer, April 2004 [view]